Le 22 juin: mon anniversaire

Coucou! C'est Aurélie, et mon anniversaire s'est passé le 22 juin. 
Sorry we haven't written lately. The school year is winding down for us (we French kids don't get out until July 6), so we've been straddled with homework and other obligations. Anyway, my birthday was on Saturday (June 22), so after school (because yes, we French do have school for usually half a day on Saturday), my parents surprised me with a new dress. The summer intensive that I'm doing at l'école de danse de l'Opéra National de Paris is kind-of costly, so that was both a Christmas and birthday gift. It will definitely be worth it. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. I am happy with the dress, though. I think Sandrine has the same one...

My parents took me out to a nice dinner, and they said that I could bring a friend. I chose Julien. I really hope that Sabine doesn't find out; it would upset her. I'm not interested in dating Julien. I'm far too busy with ballet, flute lessons, school, and giving ballet and flute lessons to kids. I don't have time for a relationship. Sadly, Sabine doesn't see that. I invited Julien to dinner with me because I always invite Sabine to do everything with me. I needed to mix it up for a change.

I'll have more exciting things to blog about when school lets out. I have to study for le brevet. It's an exam that students take at the end of collège (French equivalence to middle school) to test students' competencies in various subjects. It's very important that I do well, and I need to really crack down and study since school isn't exactly my strongest point. I'm going to study with Sabine, so hopefully, she can help me.

I just thought I'd share a few things about my birthday and my busy, hectic life...

Aurélie

No comments