Des cadeaux de Mémé

Salut, tous ceux qui lisent ce blog! C'est Sandrine et Sabine! 
Notre grand-mère (la mère de notre mère) nous a envoyé des cadeaux. Quand je suis rentrée chez moi, je les ai trouvés.

When I returned home from eating with Julien and his family, I found two wrapped gifts in the kitchen. 
Talk about good luck! I was getting some photos professionally taken to have for l'Opéra National de Paris's summer ballet intensive, and when I came home, I found the gifts! I hoped that Mémé bought me something good and worth my time.  

Ew. My gift was wrapped in disgusting sports wrapping paper! The paper was probably left over from when Mémé wrapped her grandson's/my cousin's Christmas presents. Still, I don't want leftovers! Of course, Sabine got normal paper. She should have been the one who received the leftovers (aka the sports paper)! Sabine and I obviously don't have the same high standards, so the sports paper would have been perfectly fine with her...

Stop whining about the sports paper, Sandrine! Mémé didn't have to buy you a gift! Anyway, here I am with my unopened package. I had a few ideas of what it could be, but I didn't want to guess and potentially ruin the surprise. 

I tore the nasty sports paper off to reveal the prettiest doll. It was an antique Clara/Marie doll, and she had her own mini Nutcracker! Mémé liked to get us collectibles to display in our room, and usually, I don't really care for them. However, I really loved this one! Even though I get better roles than that of Clara, Mémé thought that she would get me something Nutcracker-related because of my performances this year. She told me that I was the prettiest Dewdrop and Snow Queen that she has ever seen, even though I was only Snow Queen for two shows. Yeah, she is my grandmother, and grandmothers say stuff like that, but she could have said that Aurélie was a pretty Dewdrop, too. Thankfully, she didn't. 

I got an antique display doll, too, though mine was wearing a blue dress. Like my sister said, Mémé loves to give us collectibles that we can have forever. She's a typical grandmother, in that aspect. The dolls will look terrific in our room, though. We have a chair in the corner that will be perfect for them to sit on.

What do your grandparents like to buy you? 

Bisous,
Sabine et Sandrine

No comments