Paris | L'été 2019

Salut, tout le monde!
Yes, I know I've been slacking, but life happens! The last time I updated, I shared my adventures in New York City with my friend Sam and how our last stop in the city was LaGuardia...

...well, we took a relaxing, not crowded overnight flight. When we woke up, we were in Paris.
Sam and I stayed in a boutique hotel in Paris's 18ème arrondissement, better known as Montmartre. You may be familiar with that area because of the famous movie, Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain. Montmartre is the highest point in Paris and is known for its artistic history. Before Sam and I did anything else, we put our bags down and explored some of the famous spots on the hill.

We posed outside of the Moulin Rouge, the famed cabaret you definitely recognize from the film Nicole Kidman starred in.


It's been awhile since I played tourist in Paris, but I decided to this time. Here I am by one of Montmartre's Art Nouveau métro stations. The first stations opened in 1900-1913, and these are the original entrances that are now designated as historical monuments.

No trip around Montmartre would be complete without seeing Sacré-Coeur, which is on the hill's highest point. Sam and I definitely didn't want to walk up those stairs; we took the tram as soon as we finished having our photos taken!



I guess I needed an updated photo by the most famous French landmark- la tour Eiffel! It was built as as an entrance to the 1889 World's Fair, so it was supposed to be temporary. It was so hated! Despite that, it stayed and has become iconic. It's usually what most people think of when they hear the words "French" or "France".

I disappeared back to my hometown of Lille after my day in Paris, but my sister Sandrine did her fair share of wandering around the city. Stay tuned to see her Paris photos next!

A tout!
Sabine

No comments