Bonne Saint-Valentin en retard!

Salut, tout le monde! C'est Sabine! Bonne Saint-Valentin en retard. Hier, j'ai oublié d'écrire parce que j'ai eu beaucoup de devoirs.

Sandrine received a turquoise skirt and a pair of black and gray houndstooth leggings from our parents. Somebody anonymously sent her pink roses, but she was in rage mode yesterday and broke the vase. I did salvage one flower, and I put it in a small vase on our desk. Still, leave it to Sandrine to ruin any holiday. She was appreciative for her clothes and also the small box of goodies from Meert that our brother bought for us.

To celebrate, I wore my new shirt, which is a pale pink. Dressing up in certain colors for holidays is kind-of too American for me, but my good American friend Lilly's birthday is on Valentine's Day. Pink is one of her favorite colors, so I wore it with her in mind. I'm glad the shade of pink isn't obnoxious. Otherwise, it would clash with my hair...

I couldn't believe how many presents I had received! I mean, it's Valentine's Day! It's not like it was my birthday or Christmas!

The first gift that caught my attention was ridiculously glittery, and I had a feeling that a certain American sent it to me...considering I found a box from Wisconsin in the living room one day. 

It's a stuffed phoque (seal)! Lilly said that she bought herself the exact same one. Of course. She also told me to Skype her since it was her birthday, and her valentine contained many humorous inside jokes that I can't exactly post here.

The next gift I opened was from Aurélie. 

I pulled out a valentine that read, "Sabine, j'adore que tu sois mon amie! Bonne Saint-Valentine!"
Pas de problème, Aurélie! J'adore aussi que tu sois ma bonne amie!

I was completely surprised when I pulled a beautiful cream sweater out of the bag! It was one that I wanted when I first saw it in the window of one of my favorite shops! I couldn't believe that she got it for me! Okay...I maybe could have believed it. It was one sale, je pense. C'est parfait! It's so my style, too.

I next found a cute package from my not-so-secret admirer, Julien.

He bought me all of my favorite American candies! Chouette! He even wrote me a sweet, adorable, and super personal note. This is obviously why we are such close friends. 

He even attached the prettiest charm to the closure! Bonne amie means "good friend", and this charm was the sweetest part of his gift. I thought it was sweeter than the note, actually. I consider him to be un bon ami, too.

My good friend Inky sent Sandrine and me a beautiful valentine. Merci, Inky! Je l'adore!

The next gift was from my parents, though it was still in a shipping envelope...

This gift must have arrived while I was at school and while my parents were at work because my mom in particular would NEVER leave a gift in its shipping envelope. She must have seriously had no time to wrap it.

I screamed (mentally, of course--not aloud!) when I opened it! It was the So Undercover DVD!!! Miley Cyrus made this movie awhile ago, but it was just released on DVD to the general public a few weeks ago! My parents must have gone through a lot of trouble to get the DVD because I don't believe it has been released in France yet. I'm also surprised because my mom is strongly against the "Americanization" of today's youth, so she doesn't like that I am so into American celebrities, movies, and stuff like that. This means so much to me because I am definitely Miley Cyrus's biggest fan, and I HAVE to own all of her movies as well as CDs!

Aurélie sent our amie parisienne Marie-Christine a valentine, and Marie-Christine sent us some photos that she wants me to share:



I hope everybody had a terrific Valentine's Day. While candy and presents are nice, I like to think of the day as being about the people I love most...which would be my family and close friends. I love them so much, and I don't think I would be here without their support.

I hope that you, my readers, had a great day surrounded by loved ones. What did you do for Valentine's Day? Did you receive any special cards or gifts?

~Sabine

No comments