Cartes Saint Valentin

Coucou! C'est Aurélie...et sa meilleure amie, moi, Sabine! Aujourd'hui, nous avons fait des cartes Saint- Valentin.

Since it's Valentine's Day, I wanted to cut out some hearts and use those as the basis of my valentines. I found the prettiest sheet of sparkly, gold paper and decided to use that for my first heart.

In order to avoid getting pen on the pretty side, I flipped it over and drew the heart on the blank side.

I then carefully cut it out.

My cards aren't as festive as Aurélie's. I decided to do something original and very, very me: Hannah Montana-themed Valentines! I was able to find Hannah Montana stickers for a great price, and now was the perfect time to use them! The basis of my cards is gray and black striped paper. I wanted something that looked kind-of "rocker" or "pop star". I wrote my name on the gray lines.

I then chose a sticker and placed it on the side:

Looking great, right?

Not quite! In order to spice it up and make it more festive, I cut out a heart and wrote the recipient's name on it and pasted it on the side opposite of Hannah.

I signed my name on a final card made from blue and cream floral paper with a gray floral stripe.

I also remembered that I purchased a gift for a friend, so I wrapped the gift in glittery tissue paper and stuck it in the cutest box which I adorned with a tricolore-inspired ribbon and a sticker of la Tour Eiffel. Before I shut it, I slipped in a valentine from me and a valentine from Sabine. 

Sabine took the perfectly packaged gift from my hands. 
"Ah, c'est la mien, oui?" I asked, partially joking. I knew it wasn't for me. In fact, I had an idea of who would be receiving the gift. I had to ask just to be sure that it wasn't the same person I bought a gift for!

I told Sabine that it was for a completely different person than the person she was thinking of. I then told her what the gift was, and Sabine looked relieved. I asked Sabine if her gift to a friend had arrived yet, and she said it hadn't. She hoped it would arrive in time for Valentine's Day. I had my doubts, but we would just have to wait and see.  

We made a mess...a mess that my mom harassed me about. She kept telling me to clean when I finish, and I think she told me that at least four times. I heard her the first time, and I promised I would. Aurélie knew that my mom was a nag, so she didn't care. 
"Nous devons nettoyer ou Fabienne sera fâchée!" I said, using my mom's first name.

After we cleaned the room, Sabine wrapped me up in ribbon...

...and I tripped as I tried to move!

"You're a dancer! You aren't supposed to fall or trip! You're supposed to have grace. I'm the one who would trip and break a bone or something!" I declared. 

Oh, Sabine...I knew she was joking, but I couldn't help but take some offense. I work so hard when it comes to ballet. Does this mean I'm not good enough? I felt like I was, but would a good dancer have tripped like I did?
My thoughts were stupid and showed insecurity and weakness. I quickly erased them from my mind. Dancers can trip, and they certainly do trip...

With that aside, did you make valentines for friends? What do they look like?

Bisous,
Aurélie et Sabine

No comments