Strut like you mean it! (Barcelona, Day 2)

¡Hola! Soy Sabine y voy a deciros sobre mi segundo día en Barcelona. 

I know that this is a little bit overdue, but better late than never, right? I'll begin this post about my second day in Barcelona with some pictures and info about one of Barcelona's most famous sights: the Sagrada Familia.

This minor basilica was designed by Antoni Gaudi, whom you might remember from my previous Barcelona post. He, however, wasn't involved with the construction until 1883- a year after it started. Construction was delayed during the Spanish Civil War. It is anticipated to be completed in 2026- 100 years after Gaudi's death.


After seeing the basilica, I suggested to my brother and his girlfriend that we should walk along the beach. Barcelona does border the beautiful Mediterranean, though its beaches aren't as rocky as some of those along the French Riviera. 

 It was kind-of windy.

OK, it was very windy!



We were in the mood for a hike, so we decided to spend some time on Montjuïc, one of Barcelona's hills that overlooks the harbor. The hill hosted the 1929 World's Fair, the Olympic Stadium, and a fortress dating back to the 1600s! We, however, didn't see these things.





Did I mention that there were a lot of stairs?

The view was spectacular, though!



The perfect end to a perfect day: strolling down the famous street, La Rambla, and doing some shopping!


I also had to take an obligatory photo by the MAC store; after all, my favorite celebrity was on a sign inside!

Overall, I had a fabulous time in Barcelona, and it was nice to spend quality time with my brother and his girlfriend. However, I wished Julien was there. I know how much he loves Spain, and he's dying to go to Barcelona. Hopefully, one day, we can go together.

Is there anywhere you'd like to take a friend?

A tout!
~Sabine

2 comments

Lilly Maiden said...

Such gorgeous photos of Barcelona! I love the ones by the ocean especially. The water is so blue. ^_^ Looks like you had a really fun, fantastic day!

Kiki's Korner said...

We would love to go to Barcelona and seeing your photos makes it even more tempting.
~ Kiki