Trois: Chrissa et Julien

Bonsoir, tout le monde!
The inevitable is here. It is time for me to tell you what happened when Chrissa met Julien. This is a continuation of the last post.

So, Lilly pointed out to me that Chrissa had decided to join my shy friend. She slightly shoved him aside, and she took a seat next to him.
What happened exactly? Um...
1) Chrissa had a typical Chrissa-like reaction to Julien- "OH MY GOSH!!!! IT'S A FRENCH BOY!!! HE'S CUTE!!!" Honestly, how else would Chrissa have reacted? Would it be like her to keep her cool? No. She literally shouted all of this at the top of her lungs. I should have stopped it before it had reached the point of embarrassment.
2) She actually told Julien that she was obsessed with French people. I have nothing to say to that.
3) She asked if Julien was single. This was the moment in which I should have hit my head against the wall. Wow, Chrissa...
4) She cannot get the nasal sounds right, nor can she apparently get anywhere near close to the correct pronunciation of Julien's name. She calls him "Julianne". Once more, no comment...

Being the awesome friend that I am, I had to intervene and save Julien from dire embarrassment. He was mortified. The look on his face said it all. I warned him about Chrissa, but I don't think that he ever thought he'd have to experience her nonsense firsthand. I mean, it's amusing when you hear my stories about her. Julien just laughed. Now, he actually feels frightened by her.

I asked Chrissa if I could speak with her alone, and she followed me. I told her to get her French-speaking accent right because his name IS NOT JULIANNE, and she promptly told me that she was from the Midwest and therefore didn't have an accent. I left it at that because there was no way I could fully get the message through to her on said topic of accents...
I also threatened her! Threatening is nothing that I normally do; however, Chrissa loves Christmas and presents. I told her that I had a wonderful present for her that she would appreciate, and I included that I wouldn't give it to her unless she stopped scaring Julien.


Oh, and then, the best part of this whole thing happened.
"Is he your boyfriend? If he is, you're the luckiest girl in the world. If he's not, then I call him!"
I was already exhausted from hearing the "boyfriend" thing from Lilly, so I flipped out on Chrissa and told her that we weren't dating. Any guesses about what happened next?


Yup. She assumed that she now has "exclusive rights" to him because I said we weren't dating. I should have said that he was my boyfriend just so she'd quit. Julien gets overwhelmed with extremely extroverted people, and with Chrissa, things might also get, um, creepy. I think that's the word I want to use...

Oh, and wait until I tell you about what happened when Micki got involved...

Sabine

6 comments

Anonymous said...

Chrissa needs to learn some manners. I'm amazed you tolerate her behavior as well as you do. Poor Julian.

Blakeney Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blakeney Green said...

Yikes, she "called" him unless he's spoken for? Doesn't he get a say?

This may be a pot/kettle thing coming from me, but I think Chrissa has a lot to learn about relationships. :-P

I think you did a good job keeping your cool, and I hope Chrissa settles down without too much awkwardness for you or Julien.

Love,
Bree

AGDollFriends said...

Chrissa has no shame! Subtlety is definitely not one of her traits!
How annoying. Poor Julien!
You two definitely need to draw a line from her. Grrrr...
Breathe deeply, Sabine!
Love,
Emma.

Kiki's Korner said...

That is so rude! Poor Julien must be overwhelmed by all this.

Miranda said...

I feel REALLY sorry for Julien. Chrissa REALLY needs to learn some manners, because you can't just "call" just because you two aren't dating! I think you need to find a way to "hide" Julien from Chrissa, and kind of explain to Chrissa about what she SHOULD and SHOULDN'T do that invloves Julien; such as saying that she can date him.

Miranda