Mon voyage à New-York

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Maëlle Lellouche, et je suis un amie de Sabine Bouchard. Nous sommes élèves à l'Université de Lille 3. 

So, I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself.
-I love to draw and am self-taught.
-I study lettres modernes at the Université de Lille 3.
-I love comics and have been creating my own since I was a young child.
-My comics are inspired by my pets, Louna (a French bulldog) and Leo (a cat).
-I am an only child and live with my dad.
-I work at a movie theater.
-I'm Tintin obsessed!

This summer, I participated in a summer study abroad program and was able to receive some college credit. I did my program in New York City of all places, and I had a spectacular time. I stayed in Brooklyn with a host family, and it was a wonderful way to explore American and NYC culture. The city is so diverse, and I also feel that I could live there forever and never do everything!

My favorite area of Brooklyn is DUMBO, which stands for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass. Brooklyn Bridge Park is in that area and has an amazing view of Manhattan. I liked to go there and draw and work on my cartoons.




This was my view. Isn't it spectacular?



I also spent a lot of time in Manhattan. Here I am in Grand Central Terminal. It is a beautiful station and reminds me of some of the gorgeous stations you'd see in France. It's a lot prettier than Penn Station.

I also got to meet up with Inky's friend, Maia. We went to American Girl Place and got our ears pierced. I'm terrified of needles, which is why I didn't get it done sooner. 

We also spent some time together in Central Park:


Central Park is one of my favorite parks. I like it much more than Lille's Citadelle park, basically Sabine's favorite place to go when the weather is nice.






It's nice to be back home in France now, but I''ll never forget my summer in New York City. I now have tons of ideas for my comics! Have you ever been to New York?

À tout!
Maëlle

1 comment

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Will Maille be getting her own tab/page? She seems like a lot of fun!
~Xyra