Ma Vie aux Etats-Unis: NYC

Salut, tout le monde! C'est Sabine!

I promised I'd be back to blogging more frequently again, but life had other plans. I don't even know where to begin, so I guess I'll start with January of this year.

In January, I embarked on a new journey. I am currently studying abroad at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. Ava, one of my American friends I met during the summer program that I do, goes there. Lilly, my best American friend, is a little bitter that I didn't choose to study abroad at her school. The truth was, Lilly can be too much. I'm not sure I could handle her and her best friend Erica for a whole semester.

Ava has been awesome so far, but it's only been a month. She picked me up from the airport in her shiny, black BMW convertible that Lilly cannot get over. I arrived a few days before my program officially began, so I stayed at Ava's home in Mooresville before we drove to Wake Forest. Ava's house is huge. I have no other way to describe it other than a mansion on the lake. I almost got lost finding my way to the kitchen from the guest room in which I stayed! Lilly wants me to sneak some pictures for her, but I feel creepy--like I'm violating Ava's space--by doing that.

Wake Forest has been good so far. I'm staying with a host family, and they seem nice enough. They took me to Cook-Out, which Lilly desperately wanted me to try because it was her "favorite restaurant" when she visited Ava. It was good, but it was just another fast food joint.

Aside from classes and the typical, I had a long weekend and decided to visit my brother, who lives in NYC. While he was at work, I did some exploring of my own. It was freezing, but I managed to have a wonderful time.

I had to revisit Brooklyn Bridge Park. I wasn't happy with my photography from the summer, so I wanted to retake some skyline photos.




I even posed for a few myself, even though I prefer to be behind the camera!








I then headed back to Manhattan to do some shopping. It was nice being in warm stores after being out in the cold.



I met up with Inky! We got crepes for breakfast and then took some photos in Washington Square Park.




My trip was a fun little break from reality, but now, I have to focus on adjusting to the American education system, which I may make a little rant post about.

~Sabine

No comments