LMPT: La reine de la danse

Bonjour, tous ceux qui lisent ce blog! C'est moi, Sandrine, et aujourd'hui, je vais parler de LMPT. 
This post is all about Round 4- Solo. I decided to take the term "solo" personally and do a jazz solo. Here is the photo that I ended up entering:
 

Why a jazz solo? I don't have any beautiful ballet costumes/tutus currently with me in the dorms. I mean, I do take jazz classes, too, but I don't like it as much as I like ballet (even though I do love jazz). Malorie told me that with my training and good grasp on basic technique, I can succeed at any type of dance I do. That meant a lot coming from her, seeing as she doesn't complement other dancers very often. I'm open to trying other types of dance. I really wanted to audition for the Rockette Summer Intensive, but I couldn't because I already had a commitment to the summer intensive in Pittsburgh. It's sad because I was even old enough and had the experience for the Rockette intensive! That's not the type of dance I want to do professionally, but I still think it would have been an awesome learning experience! I want to visit NYC so badly, too.

Here is another photo that was in contention, but I didn't like the angle:

I liked this photo, but I liked the lighting of the first one more:

....aaaand here's a close-up of me:

Stay tuned for round 5: the final round of LMPT. I hope you enjoyed!

Bisous,
Sandrine

2 comments

Jessica Spurlock said...

Awesome! :) Love the pics!
~ Jess

Blakeney Green said...

We loved your photos and your idea, Sandrine!

The Rockettes intensive would have been neat, but I hope you're having a fun summer anyway.

Love,
Summer