Day 1- Favorite Song

Bonsoir, tout le monde!
In addition to all my random ramblings, I'll be doing a "song a day for thirty days" challenge in which I'll post about a song every day for, um, 30 days.
As the title says, today is Day 1, and I will be talking about my favorite song...

This a hard question, actually. I have too many favorites. At the moment, I choose "I Hope You Find It" by Miley Cyrus. Here is some in-depth analysis of how it relates to my life.
Piano solo: Beautiful. There's no other words I could use to describe it. Melanie can play it (and the rest of the song) on piano and flute. I need to learn. I'm obsessed.
Now, onto the lyrics.
"These clouds are going nowhere, baby. The rain keeps coming down." As you have come to know, I'm from Lille, where the skies are always gray and dreary and rain falls incessantly.
"And I hope that you get this message that I'm leaving for you/I hate that you left without hearing the words that I needed you to..." One word: Marcelle. Long story. I don't want to get into details since it's nothing I want to share or relive, but yeah. Before I left for the US, she wanted to talk to me about what she and some friends, um, did.
"I hope you find it/what you're looking for/and I hope it's everything you dreamed your life could be and so much more/And I hope you're happy wherever you are..." Where do I even begin? This, in a nutshell, describes my move to the US. Enough said.

Sabine

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your "song a day" challenge. I'm sure it won't be too hard, I imagine you've got lots of songs you love.