La surprise du matin

Salut, tout le monde! C'est Sabine, et je suis très heureuse. 
Après je me suis levée, j'ai mangé le petit déjeuner. For breakfast, I settled on a doughnut and some coffee with vanilla creamer, since we clearly don't have chicory to put in the coffee. I don't normally eat doughnuts for breakfast, but I wasn't really in the mood to eat anything else.

As I was eating, I noticed a package wrapped in tissue paper topped addressed to me. The sloppy handwriting looked familiar, as did the tissue paper. I also had to laugh- why would you wrap a gift in tissue paper? Considering that I had an idea of who bought the gift for me, I didn't think much of it.

I flipped the card over. It said, "I bought you this so you'd be quiet...and because you're my friend." The signature was a heart followed by an L, and my thoughts were confirmed. It was from Lilly. She always signed her name with a heart and her first initial when she ran out of room. That's what happens when you write largely and sloppily. I could also tell it was Lilly because she had an unhealthy obsession with that tissue paper ever since I made her a valentine with it....and yes, Lilly would be the person to use sheets of tissue paper instead of actual opaque wrapping paper.
 

I couldn't help but wonder what what inside. Could it be the shimmery charcoal gray sweater that I want so badly? How about that sweater dress I've wanted since Christmastime? Or the new black dress I wanted? I couldn't wait to find out what was inside, so I pushed my breakfast aside and pulled the gift towards me.

I carefully tore at the paper- just kidding! I ripped it like an impatient child on Christmas morning! When I tore off enough paper to see what was inside, I gasped. It was something I have been wanting for quite awhile!!!

Lilly bought the LOL DVD for me! It was a movie that I have been DYING to see, and it was only released in a limited amount of theaters in the US. It just came out on DVD a few days ago, and Lilly was thoughtful enough to buy it up for me! For those who don't know this, the original LOL was a French film. It's about a rocky mother and daughter relationship and the struggles one faces while growing up. I saw the original and loved it. I could relate in some ways since I was always disagreeing with my mom over EVERYTHING. I literally freaked out when I found out that there was to be an American remake starring my favorite actress and singer ever, Miley Cyrus! Of course, I was dying to see the remake when I first heard about it!

I plan on watching it this evening and maybe even writing a review comparing it to the original. From what I've heard, there are only slight differences. The director from the original also directed the American one. I just want to thank Lilly because I am extremely happy. I never miss a Miley movie, and she realized that.

Have you ever received a wonderful surprise gift from a close friend?

Sabine



3 comments

Sara said...

All of my friends and I bring presents to school and exchange them. It's a lot of fun. :) We usually give hand made items or something inexpensive from the store, like a pack of candy. I usually get Reece's! <3

Sara

Madeline said...

What is it rated? I'm wondering if my Mom will freak if I see it....

Saoirse said...

Dia duit, Sabine!

That was so nice of Lilly to give you that present! I bet you can't wait to watch it.

What a coincidence that a French movie you love was remade into an American movie with your idol Miley Cyrus? That's so cool!

~Saoirse